Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Apparently summer does not equal more blogging

For the few of you left that still check this page on the off chance I may have posted - this one's for you. We have been so busy this summer that I have had a tough time keeping up with this! Fortunately, we are in town for the next couple weeks, so hopefully I can get around to writing something more than the boring "catch-up" posts. For now, though, that will have to suffice.

We just got back from Cabo San Lucas on Sunday and are slowly getting back into the swing of things. Since I last posted...
  • We had a house warming party with a few friends and were finally able to break-in our new house! We set up a volleyball net, made margaritas, grilled and just spent time with good friends.
  • I left for Austin to help out with my dad - who was having a minor surgery - while my mom and sister were out of town. I was glad I was able to be there - because the recovery ended up a little tougher than expected and I think it would have been hard to handle it alone!
  • My dad "celebrated" his 50th birthday (I say "celebrated" because unfortunately he was still on some heavy pain meds) - and we contributed to the celebration by getting him a gift certificate to go sky diving! We can't wait to go back down once he schedules it! Ever since Matt and I went skydiving, my dad has said how jealous he is, so now it's his turn!
  • We left for Cabo on the 13th and were there for 8 fabulous, sunny days with Matt's parents! Cabo has 300 days of sunshine a year, and we weren't disappointed. Matt and his dad got to golf twice while we were there, and we spent the rest of our time shopping in town, laying out on the beach and at the pool, taking a glass bottom boat tour to Lover's Beach/Divorce Beach, the Arch and Land's End and enjoying LOTS of good food. Here's a few pictures of our trip!


We were SHOCKED at how huge the waves were there -- apparently the tide changes a lot in Cabo and there was a swell while we were there which was making the waves massive.


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...