Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It’s been awhile

Yet again, I have fallen behind on blogging.  Apparently student teaching and blogging don’t mix well in my world.  Now that my student teaching is done, I plan to keep up (at least through the summer) and blog more! 

To start – I wanted to recap Easter since that’s where I left off.  Matt and I hosted our first holiday meal at our home and both our families were able to be here to celebrate together! 

Here’s what was on the menu for the celebration:

  • Honey Baked Ham with a brown sugar glaze (my first time to cook a ham!)
  • Cheesy Potato Casserole (my mom’s recipe – SO delicious!)
  • Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Orange-Pear Salad (my mother-in-law’s recipe and Matt’s favorite)
  • Dinner Rolls
  • and for dessert…
  • Buttermilk Pie from Tootie Pie Co. 
  • Homemade Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

It was all delicious and I have a little more confidence in my ability to cook – even though half of the items above were prepared by my mom, mother-in-law or sister. :)

Matt and I posed in front of the spread – in my “Easter Apron” that my grandma sent me (it was a part of a big Easter/birthday care package she sent to help with my first holiday meal) – thanks Grandma! 

IMG_2624 copyHere’s a shot of the table and “place settings” – although I took these pictures a little early and there are no glasses or silverware down yet.

IMG_2602 copy IMG_2599 copyI found the little turquoise eggs at HomeGoods – they are actually little candles, but I didn’t light them so I can use them again.  Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought little vine-wreaths to use a nests for the eggs.  I think it turned out pretty cute!  

Here’s a group shot after we were all stuffed from the big meal!

25411_112219952137299_100000478850366_192593_5737594_n copy


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...