Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hadley Update

Yesterday we had our 2 week check up so I thought this would be a good time to update the blog again.  It’s hard to believe our little girl is already 2 weeks and 1 day old!  She did really well at the doctor (probably better than I did) – they did a newborn blood screen, so they had to prick her heel at the end of the appointment and it just hurts my heart to hear her scream out in pain.  I am not looking forward to our one month since she has to get another shot. 

We did get some update stats – Hadley has gained 12 oz since her last appointment at 4 days old and now weighs 8lbs!  I was so happy to hear that because that means we don’t have to wake her up at night for feedings anymore (although she can do that just fine on her own, it gives me hope for a stretch longer than 2 hours every now and then!) We actually had a stretch of almost 5 hours between feedings already, so I’m hoping she keeps that up! 

She’s also grown 1/2 an inch and is 21 inches long now. 

Here are some pictures from the past 2 weeks…

Stretchin out after being swaddled up

IMG_0281

On our way to our first doctor’s appointment

IMG_0283

First bath – she actually really liked it (I think it helped that we had a small space heater going in the bathroom – she loved being all warm and cozy)

IMG_0297

Hadley’s first snow day!  We had left the house for our newborn photoshoot, and it started coming down really hard before we left!  I was definitely happy to be watching the snow from the warmth of our house – the drive home was a little nerve-wracking for a new mom Smile 

IMG_0307IMG_0317

This picture cracks me up – this is her one-week pose Smile 

IMG_0320IMG_0321

Warm and clean after bath #2

IMG_0333IMG_0336

Mid-sneeze!  I hope we can catch a sneeze on video – they are the cutest things ever!

IMG_0338IMG_0343

Workin on her pout

IMG_0344

Tummy time Smile

IMG_0350

Much more alert these past couple days!

IMG_0352IMG_0355

Sleeping soundly in her swing.

IMG_0357


Pin It!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I love the pout!! She's beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...