Friday, October 1, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Dining Rooms

Once again, I’m going to participate in Kelly’s tour, and this week it’s showing dining rooms.  If it wasn’t for this, I wouldn’t have blogged at all in the last two weeks – I guess I need to get on it!  I promise I will have a baby bump pic and maybe a nursery update coming soon.  :) 

Anyways, our dining room is a pretty small room, so I don’t have a ton of pictures to share, but I’m looking forward to seeing other’s for inspiration! 

I’d still like to paint in here eventually – although I don’t know what color yet – and I would like to get cream colored slip covers for the parson’s chairs.  I think this room is too small to have 8 chairs around the table on a regular basis, but I love that with the style of the trestle table I can eventually have that in a bigger room.  IMG_3272 copyIMG_3275

I LOVE our dining room table.  It’s the Verona Trestle Table from World Market and is the perfect combination of being slightly worn/farmhouse style and formal enough for our taste. (We’re not very formal people as you can tell.)   I didn’t like the chairs that went with it, so I ordered these Parson’s chairs from Overstock.com – can’t go wrong with a good deal!

 IMG_3276IMG_3277

This picture is a little bit dark, but I know I always wonder where people got things in their home, so here’s a quick run-down (besides the table and chairs which I just told you about):  Rug: Ballard Designs; bar: Target; curtains: I honestly can’t remember – they are either from Pottery Barn or from Ethan AllenIMG_3274

  

Ok – that’s enough of one room from 5 slightly different angles :)  Thanks for stopping by! 


Pin It!

5 comments:

Maryann said...

it's very elegant looking.... and I like the curtains.

the blogivers said...

Every room in your house looks like it's straight out of a magazine! I wish mine looked like that, rather than a grown-up version of a college dorm room :)

~SHO~ said...

Love that table & drapes!
Blessings~
QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Very pretty! I have a big empty room waiting for something new...

Brittany said...

gorgeous room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...