Friday, October 8, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Kitchens

I’m really glad I’ve had this each week to ensure that I get a blog post up!  I’ve always known this about myself, but it’s abundantly clear on this blog that I need deadlines to get something done! 

So this week’s room on Kelly’s Korner is kitchens.  I really like our kitchen (although if I had my way, I’d paint our cabinets white – I love white kitchens).  I also have really struggled with what to do above our cabinets.  We have really high ceilings in the kitchen, so the space from the top of the cabinets to the ceiling is bigger than most, making it a decorating dilemma.   I’d love to add crown molding (I think it would help with the height issue some) and paint the walls up there eventually… but that’s quite a ways down the to-do list. 

This is what you see when you’re standing in the dining room.  The family room and breakfast nook are to the right.  I didn’t take these pictures recently, and I couldn’t figure out what looked off about this at first.  Then I realized that I have since added a wrought iron scrolly thing (that’s the technical term for it) above the pantry door.  It helps to make that space not look so bare.

IMG_2325 This is the view from the family room.  The dining room is to the left across the hall from the kitchen.  We still need to get barstools for the island – I can’t believe we’ve lived here a yea and a half and still don’t have any! IMG_2315  These last two are the view from the breakfast nook (which is open to the family room).  I love our granite – it hides messes so well though that I have to remind myself to wipe it down regularly.  I actually have hardware for the cabinets too, but haven’t found the time to install it yet! IMG_2321 IMG_2323  And last but not least – here is the breakfast nook…

IMG_2016IMG_2015

Thanks for looking!  :)  Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Pin It!

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Your kitchen is so sleek and gorgeous!

I love the end of the island - very neat

Tamar

Lori said...

Beautiful space! That round part on the end of the counter is such a great feature!!!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

I love it! Very pretty! That's a nice paint color too!

Mikayla Painter said...

Love your kitchen, the countertops are so pretty!

Traci said...

I love your island with the round section. That's so unique! I have stained cabinets & I've decided to paint them. I haven't quite got the nerve up to start but I want to!

Sunni said...

I'm with everyone else- I love the round part at the end of your island. Very unique! I am loving your house pics. Hopefully I'll join in soon. :)

Miranda said...

This is beautiful! I really like your rounded bar area.. and your clear canisters are so cute :-) The color is just perfect! Ya'll did great!!!!

http://hanginloosewiththetuccis.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

I love so many things: your paint color, granite, the breakfast nook. Very lovely!

emily said...

Beautiful kitchen! I love the granite color and the round island bar top!!

Anonymous said...

Very very nice :)

Unknown said...

I love all the decorative pieces.

All That Glitters said...

your kitchen is beautiful!!! I love all the space you have above your cabinets!

Renae said...

Nice kitchen, I like that granite color as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...