Thursday, December 2, 2010

Catching up from November…

I mentioned in my last post about Christmas cards (which are on their way – yay!) that we had a really busy November.  This time of year is always so busy between the holidays, our anniversary and of course, football season, but with a baby on the way, that just added to the hustle and bustle!   I already blogged about our anniversary, but since then, we’ve had 2 baby showers, 2 doctor’s appointments, family in town, and a holiday out of town!

First up – the first baby shower, which was thrown my my sister Katie, sister-in-law Kelly, and friend Amy.   The baby shower was on the 13th of November and I am finally getting around to sharing pictures! 

My sister made the invitations and almost all of the decorations at the shower – she’s so creative! Baby Shower & Pictures 012 copy

Baby Shower & Pictures 003 copy

My sister-in-law made this adorable “bootie bouquet” behind the “cute as a button” chocolates.  When I brought them home, Matt seriously thought they were real flowers!  Baby Shower & Pictures 014 copy

Part of the spread – homemade from scratch cinnamon & caramel rolls courtesy of my dad!  Baby Shower & Pictures 015 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 016 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 022 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 044 copy

Melissa gets the prize for being the most off on the “guess-the-size” game; my grandma was almost right on (although it does look like she’s a little bit high as she’s going around the bump) Winking smile

Baby Shower & Pictures 058 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 063 copy

My sweet friend Liz MADE this quilt for Hadley!  So precious!

Baby Shower & Pictures 073 copy

Some of the guests…

Baby Shower & Pictures 077 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 124 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 105 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 118 copy

Baby James was all tuckered out after all the attention from the ladies

Baby Shower & Pictures 090 copy

Family shot – my mother-in-law came up from Houston, my mom came up from Austin and my grandma came down from Minneapolis!

Baby Shower & Pictures 112 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 115 copyBaby Shower & Pictures 133 copy

Matt and I feel so blessed to have family and friends who care for us and are so excited to celebrate with us during this time!   In addition to this shower, Matt’s office threw us a baby shower the following week!  Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures there, but we had a great time and were so blessed by the people in his office as well! 


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...