Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday

I *should* be posting Harper’s 7 month post today, but I haven’t finished it yet, so I decided to join in on 5 on Friday again. 

{one}

Harper is SEVEN months old. Which means she is officially on the downhill slide to ONE.  How does it happen so quickly?  Despite the lack of sleep we still have, I will so miss this baby stage when it’s gone!

{two}

I am so happy that football season is back, but I have to say, having young kids around makes me a little less into it than usual.  Am I the only one who feels like there just isn’t room in my brain for one more thing in this stage of life?  Between feeding times, nap times, diaper changes, medicine doses, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and scheduling doctor’s appts, play dates, meetings, lunches, etc…keeping up with things for a family of 4 on top of getting no more than 3/4 hours of consecutive sleep at night is just all that my brain can handle right now!  Hopefully once the girls are a little older I’ll be able to fully get back into football season.

kingsbury

{three}

Hadley started preschool at a new school this year and I am loving it so far!  The director and her teachers communicate with parents constantly (I get daily and weekly updates from her teachers (with pictures!) and it is just a smaller community than her last school.  I’m glad we made the switch this year.  Hadley seems to be adjusting pretty well so far.  She’s not napping there, but her teachers said she’s staying put and lying there perfectly still/quiet until I get there, and she’ll come home and nap for a couple hours here after school, so it’s working so far.  If she starts to fall asleep at school, though, I may have to start picking her up a little early b/c 45 minutes is NOT enough for my sweet girl!  She is the youngest in the class, so I know she’ll probably be a little behind some of the other kids in sleeping/potty training type things. 

{four}

I really need to go fold laundry and start about 5 more loads.  Being sick for the past week has be SO behind. That’s all.

{five}

We’ve been in our new house for almost an entire year already!  I can’t believe how quickly this past year has gone.  And I also can’t believe that I don’t have a single room in our house yet that feels “finished” to me.  I LOVE to decorate and know that turning a house into a home is an ever changing process, but I think part of why I feel so scattered all the time is the fact that I have so many “projects” in my head for every inch of our house!  Don’t get me wrong… I absolutely love this house, and other than cosmetic things, there’s really nothing I’d change.  I love the layout, love our location, love the “bones” of the house… if only hiring a painter for trim/walls wasn’t so dang expensive!  Oh well.  I’ll keep chipping away at the trim and walls little by little.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO SHARE YOUR "FIVE ON FRIDAY"!


Pin It!

3 comments:

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Found your blog from the link up. I feel the exact same way about football being back! I love to watch my favorite teams play but my busy 13 month doesn't exactly let me relax on the couch for a game!
- Laura
tinytoeslittlenose.blogspot.com

Rychelly said...

Found your blog on the link up! Im so glad I am not the only one who feels that about football much less anything else. I consider myself lucky if I can get my laundry folded and put away! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

We've been in our house since April, and I dont feel like any room is finished yet either. Darn pinterest for setting such high expectations on how a home should look. Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...