I was stopped twice in 10 minutes at the mall yesterday by other moms asking about baby products. I’ve been meaning to write a post with my favorite baby products the second time around for awhile now and that was a good reminder to get it done! I won’t waste anymore time with intros, but instead I’ll link to my favorite products the first time around with Hadley…
Just about all of those items (minus the strollers) would still make my list this time (and a couple of them earned a second mention!).
1. Monitor: If you have more than one child, a monitor with the ability to add a camera is a great option. We originally had a Motorola one which I loved, but after going through 2 in 2 years, we switched brands. I like this Summer Infant one (not quite as much as the Motorola one) and have had good luck with it so far!
2. Teether: In my experience, most babies start to show signs of teething around 4 months. I never really found anything Hadley liked chewing on, but I found these Lifefactory ones for Harper and she LOVES them. They are light enough for her to hold, soft enough that it doesn’t hurt if she hits herself in the face with, and hard enough to feel good on her gums. And you can freeze them!
3. Angel Dear Lovey/Blankie: I learned with Hadley that these are not just any old lovey. Something about them makes them superior to other loveys in a baby’s eyes. **TIP: I’d suggest buying the “Pair & a Spare” or “Cuddle Twins” sets that you can find on Amazon.**
4. Paci Clip: I bought a bunch of these from The Posh Tots on Etsy when Hadley was born and they are still my favorite. **TIP: The ribbon end makes these universal, so you can use them for any pacifier**
5. Wubbanub: These help the pacifier stay in baby’s mouth, and are also just incredibly cute!
6. Baby Carrier: I have used the K’Tan probably every other day since Harper was born. It’s really similar to the Moby (but easier/quicker to get on), which is also great. The other one I have heard great things about is the Ergo. I haven’t used it, but if I were buying another one, that’s the next one I’d get.
7. Woombie: I bought this on a whim for Harper and ended up rush-ordering 3 more because we loved it so much. So much easier than any swaddle blanket, and no busting out of it in the middle of the night! The 2-way zipper is also great for middle of the night diaper changes.
8. Rock & Play: I was lucky enough to borrow this from a good friend this time around. Harper slept in it for probably the first 3 months of her life. It still floats around the house from room to room as a place for her to hang out when I’m cooking or cleaning.
9. Double Stroller: There are a million options out there for this, but I LOVE my City Select. So many different seat configurations, easy to fold and a HUGE basket on the bottom.
10. Wipeable changing pad and diaper clutch: The one shown is a random picture I found online, but my favorite combination is a wet bag like this (http://www.etsy.com/listing/60829627/wet-bag-with-waterproof-lining-and?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=wet+bag&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all) and this set from Couture Mama on Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/listing/119016799/the-couture-mama-diaper-bag-set-in-aqua?ref=shop_home_active
11. ComoTomo Bottles: Hadley refused to take a bottle past about 4 1/2 months, so I was determined to find a bottle that Harper liked from the beginning. After doing a lot of research, ComoTomo bottles appeared to be the most similar to breastfeeding, so I thought I’d give them a try. They are the BEST bottles I’ve tried (and we tried a bunch with Hadley). SUPER easy to clean and Harper never gulps with them like she does with other bottles. They’re made out of silicone and are bacteria resistant, shatterproof, scratch Resistant, dishwasher Safe and leak-proof. **TIP: Don’t bother buying the 5oz ounce ones – go straight for the 8oz ones. You’ll only use the 5oz for a couple months, then you’ll have to go buy bigger ones. And they aren’t exactly cheap.**
12. Infant Seat & Canopy: The Chicco Keyfit was on my list with Hadley and I added it again because we’re using it again for Harper. It’s so easy to install and clean and looks brand new almost 3 years later. I ordered a carseat canopy from Oh Sew Cute Designs on Etsy, but you can search Etsy and find thousands of them! I loved having it to be able to keep Harper covered up in the winter and keep big sister’s hands away!
I think that’s all I’ve got! What items could you not live without?