Wednesday, June 18, 2014

San Diego Zoo

As I mentioned in my first post, we had excursions to choose from each day while we were in Coronado/San Diego.  We tried to find a balance of resting/relaxing and still seeing some of the sights.  On Thursday we had a few different options but we both had no trouble deciding on the San Diego Zoo visit.  It was a full day trip that included a private tour, catered lunch and a behind the scenes “encounter” with some surprise animals.  It was definitely a little tough at times because we kept thinking about how much the girls would have loved it, but all it took was walking by one little kid melting down and I was happy to be on our own again. ;) I have about a hundred pictures from the zoo so bear with me here…

img_0010img_0061img_0121img_0249img_0269IMG_1603

This elephant below made me laugh… we passed them on our tour and there was a group of 5 or 6 that our tour guide said were all females and about 50 yards away from them was this dude.  The guide said that he doesn’t like the female elephants and despite their efforts to get them to all “mingle” he comes and sits over here at the fence every day instead.

IMG_1645

These next few animals were a part of the animal encounter after our lunch.  I can’t remember most of their names but it was fun to see them up close regardless!

IMG_1651IMG_1659

IMG_9713

This little guy was a baby sloth and was probably the cutest little thing ever!  It just kept snuggling with the zookeeper while she was talking!

IMG_1661

IMG_9696

IMG_1686

Most people probably already know this but there are only 10 (I think?) pandas in the U.S. and they are all “on loan” from China.  There were two there that we were able to see.

IMG_1705IMG_1709IMG_1719

One more post to come with pictures from the rest of our trip (I had more from the zoo than I realized – this post is long enough already!)


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...