Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Mantle Linky Party

I don’t have a whole lot to share, but I did want to quick link up to the summer Mantle party at The Lettered Cottage because it’s one of my favorite places to get design inspiration! 
 
Hadley is probably about to wake up from her nap, so I’ll make this quick!  Our family room mantle went from this (when we first moved in):
IMG_1072 copy
to this:
IMG_1923 copy copy
 
I love this frame that one of my good friends got me for my birthday this year.  I had a family picture picked out to go in it, then decided I would keep the hydrangea picture in there for now. 
IMG_1926 copy
Ok, I know it’s not as fun when it’s not the exact same angle, but we don’t have a playroom in this house, so if I zoom out, this is what you get… (and this is good compared to what it usually looks like.)  At any given moment there are typically about 10 more toys strewn about, the playmat (which you can see the handle of behind the laptop) is usually out on the floor as well and there’s usually 2-3 burp cloths stuffed in the couch cushions.  See?  This is why I showed you the zoomed in version.  The mantle sort of gets lost in the clutter. 
IMG_1927
And right on cue, Hadley has woken up yet again from her nap.  Teething is rough… thanks for stopping by!  Oh, and don’t forget to check out the giveaway I’ve got going on!  (As it stands, you’ve got pretty good odds to win something!)
 
The Lettered Cottage

Oh one last thing… I always get asked about the paint color in our family room.  It’s a custom color from Lowe’s that took about 8 trips back and forth to get it right.  Here’s the code for it!

paintcode copy


Pin It!

2 comments:

Alicia @ Sweet Ava Kate said...

Love your mantel and the wall color is gorgeous! As I was scrolling down your post, I was thinking, "I need to ask her for the name..." Thanks for sharing! :)
Please stop by for a visit! I found you on Layla's link party!

Kathy said...

Lovely mantle! Everything looks wonderful - your soft grey walls are terrific,
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...