Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Coleman Casa Home Tour

Awhile back, I was lucky enough to guest post for Karen At Home while she took a brief blog-break to have her son.  I thought I'd share the post that I did there since I haven't done an updated house tour for the blog.  If you read it back then, sorry for the repeat!
Welcome!
(To the longest post. Ever.)
I’m Brittany, and blog over at The Coleman Chronicles.  I’m a stay-at-home mom to a little 15 month old girl who is the definition of sugar & spice, and I’m excited to be sharing our home with y’all today!  I think it’s especially fun to get a glimpse of whose home you’re snooping around in, so here we are!
20111030-IMG_7225
We’re from Texas, so c’mon in, have a glass of sweet tea and stay awhile!  This picture was actually taken right after we moved in almost 3 years ago.  Just imagine that the bushes are about 3x as full and the crepe myrtles are much taller!
IMG_1709

Update: I decided to run out and take a current picture for y'all - (I realize this isn't really exciting to anyone but me and the hubs).  Look how much the bushes have grown in just 3 years!

We’ll start with the unstained rocking chairs on our front porch.  I love our front porch.  I wish more houses had them – I think more people would be friends with their neighbors and the world would be a better place. ;)



This is likely what you'll see when you enter the front door – complete with crawling walking(!) toddler.  She’s our little greeter. :)
IMG_4893
This table is a work-in-progress.  I’d really like to paint it white – what do y’all think?  Of course, then I couldn’t have the white frame or platter there… decisions, decisions.  That frame was our “guest book” at our wedding and has one of our engagement pictures in it.  I still love to stop and read the notes people left! 
IMG_4899
Directly across from this table is our study.  This is my husband’s version of a man-cave and the only room where he had free-reign to decorate as he pleased.  There are french doors leading into the room, so I can close it off when I’ve hit my manly-decorating-max.  {Most of these are old pictures, and aside from a new chair, nothing has changed in here – sorry for the lack of an update here.}  You’ll notice just about every inch of wall space is covered with some type of sports memorabilia.  Hence the reason this was the only room he’s had free-reign with. 
{Sidenote: when we first moved in, he asked if he could hang his Dumb & Dumber movie poster above the toilet in our master bathroom.  Oh how much we still had to learn about each other…}
After Move-InWalking down the hall a little further you’ll find our dining room on your right and the kitchen to your left. 
IMG_5138 copy
Dining Room
IMG_4938
If this was our “forever home” I would have painted our cabinets a creamy white a long time ago.  But it’s not.  So I haven’t.  Don’t you think the cabinet locks really add that special touch that the kitchen needed?
IMG_4920
The breakfast nook and family room are both open to the kitchen area…
IMG_5122
You-know-who had to make another cameo…
IMG_5123
IMG_5142
IMG_5140IMG_5144
Before I move on, people always ask me what color is on the walls in the family room.  It’s a custom color that took about 8 trips to Lowe’s to get it right, but you can click here for the formula.
That little hallway to the left of the breakfast nook leads to our master bedroom and laundry room. 
First up, the master bedroom.  We actually just re-did this room and you can read more about the transformation here.  I worked with Courtney from A Thoughtful Place to change it up and it’s one of my favorite rooms in our house now!  
IMG_4785
IMG_4770
You can also find a tutorial on how I made our euro shams here!  They were seriously one of the easiest sewing projects I’ve ever done.
Our laundry room was the first room in our house that I painted.  I love the bright, cheery blue in here. 
IMG_2314
IMG_2232
When you walk through the laundry room (yes, we have one of those tiny laundry rooms that doubles as a hallway) you’ll come to the last 3 bedrooms and guest bathroom.  Up first is Hadley’s room.  The wall color in here is Portobello by Sherwin Williams.
IMG_4942
IMG_4941
IMG_4946IMG_4947IMG_4949
Nursery
Because our current house doesn’t have a play-room, Hadley’s room and our family room do double-duty holding her toys – hence the play kitchen and clutter on her bookshelf! 
IMG_4952
Our guest bath is the next stop.  This was the second room I painted and I went a little bolder in here.  Some days I wish I had done a bright white or light grey to open the room up, but I don’t have to go in here every day, so I sort of like having it different than any other room. 
IMG_2164
IMG_2162IMG_2167
We have two more spare rooms, but one of those is currently a catch-all room for storage, so you’ll have to use your imaginations.  Our guest bedroom is the last stop (with a few quick hallway shots on our way…)
IMG_2454IMG_2572
You can see how much this paint color changes with the light.  It’s Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray.  If I had my way, I would paint the wood posts and nightstand white to lighten up this room, but my husband seems to have an issue with painting furniture.  I’ll keep working on him…
IMG_1336IMG_1341
The only place left to see would be the backyard!  We extended our patio with some stamped concrete, and thanks to buying new construction, had to add any and all landscaping you see back here.  There’s still a lot of growing to do, and the patio set needs to be stripped and re-stained, but we still love it back here!   Here is where we started…
IMG_2662
And here it is now… {Please ignore the fact that the lawn needs to be edged & mowed in some of these.  We just had some serious storms here and overnight our grass has started to grow like crazy!}
IMG_5159 copy
IMG_3086IMG_3087IMG_3088
IMG_5162 copy

IMG_5163 copyIMG_5164 copy
That’s all!  Thanks so much to Karen for letting me hang out here for the day!  I’m excited to see the rest of the homes, and all of y’alls homes at the linky party!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your house! Your mantel is beautifully decorated, too! That backyard patio looks awesome, and I do appreciate seeing the growth of the bushes and tress in the front :) Thanks for sharing your home with us today!

Kara said...

You have such a nice house! I am extremely jealous because the Army has us in an apartment.

Karen At Home Blog said...

I love your house!! So glad you shared it on my blog. Talk to you soon!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Hi Brittany, I just hopped over to your blog from Jessica's Love From Texas and as I was scrolling through your home tour, I stopped (without reading) and noticed your master bedroom from Courtney's A Thoughtful Place. I'm a long time reader of her blog (such a small blog world) and immediately recognized your room -- it turned out great! Your whole house is beautiful! Glad I hopped over here :)

Anonymous said...

Your house is so pretty! Where did you get the rug's that in your entryway?? Love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...