Friday, January 23, 2009

Thank you for giving me something to blog about...

I've been tagged!

[1] Grab the nearest book.
[2] Open to page 56.
[3] Find the 5th sentence.
[4] Post the text of the next 2-5 sentences and these rules.
[5] Tag 5 peeps!

If God was prepared to let us off, why on earth did He not do so? And what possible point could there be in punishing an innocent person instead? None at all that I can see, if you are thinking of punishment in the police-court sense. On the other hand, if you think of a debt, there is plenty of point in a person who has some assets paying it on behalf of someone who has not. Or if you take 'paying the penalty', not in the sense of being punished, but in the more general sense of 'standing the racket' or 'footing the bill', then, of course, it is a matter of common experience that, when one
person has got himself into a hold, the trouble of getting him out usually falls on a kind friend.
Mere Christianty C.S. Lewis

I have been trying to read this book for months now, and unfortunately, I can't give you any background on what he is talking about because I have yet to make it to page 56. I promise I'm not illiterate - no really, I'm not. If you can't tell from the length of that last sentence - C.S. Lewis can be a bit tough to read at times.

Even though I doubt anyone else will actually do this, I tag...
Katie
Davi
Emily
Jill
Sarah

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...