Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What’s Cookin’ Wednesday

This post won’t be anything exciting, but I am trying to stick with the recipe Wednesday posts, so I’ll post it anyways. Smile 

First off, I am LUCKY to even have anything ready to go today.  Hadley has been a hot mess lately.  She is pretty much all better after her cold and ear infection, but she must be going through a growth spurt (or just making up for lost time when she was sick), because the child wants to eat non.stop.  Not only is she wanting to eat constantly, but her napping & regular sleeping has gone out the window.  I have to prepare myself for battle every time I am putting her down for a nap.  Add all of that to the fact that the antibiotics she’s on have made for some not-so-pleasant diapers and 10x the amount of laundry to keep up with and I am one exhausted mama. 

So, with all of that said, I needed an easy recipe today, so I pulled out the crockpot.  Beef stew it is!

image

Picture from McCormick.com

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
You Will Need
2 lbs. stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes  (I just buy the stew meat at the grocery store – already cut up for you!)
5 cups cut-up fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery, peas, onions and potatoes
1 pkg. McCormick® Slow Cookers Hearty Beef Seasoning
1 1/3 cups water

PLACE beef and vegetables in slow cooker.

MIX Seasoning and water until blended. Pour over beef and vegetables; toss to coat well. Cover.

COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Stir before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
IMPORTANT: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.

That’s all there is to it!  Super easy, healthy and hearty.  Soup isn’t usually enough of a meal for Matt, but he loves this beef stew, so it’s a winner for me.  I usually serve it with some whole wheat rolls.  Oh – and this makes GREAT leftovers for my lunches.  I’m lucky if I remember to eat lunch, and when I do, I usually only have a couple minutes, so I love to have something quick and filling to heat up. 

On another note – I’ve gotten a few new followers lately.  Would anyone be interested in posting your own recipes and linking up for this?  I’d love to get some new recipes from people!  Let me know! (Or leave a recipe in the comments if you feel like it!)

Thanks!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Chardonnay said...

I'm a relatively new follower :) I post recipes sporadically - see the "cooking" label on my blog. There are a few crockpot recipes (including pepperoncini beef which we had last night) - love me some slow cooker!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...