Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tag! I’m it!

Maury at Life on Mars tagged me in this little questionnaire going around the blogosphere and it was perfect timing seeing as how I have felt like I’ve been lacking in writing material lately (read: can’t finish a project around here because of a certain little one running around keeping me busy!)

Each person answers a series of 11 questions from the blogger that tagged them, then they tag 11 more bloggers and ask them more questions. Just a fun way to get to know more about other bloggers. (And yes, Maury, I did copy those sentences directly from your blog… thanks!)

1) What is one thing you can’t live without?

If my husband were answering this question for me, he would say either my computer or my iPhone.

image

While I will admit to being addicted to them, the one real thing I couldn’t live without would be my family. 

20111030-IMG_7291-Edit
2) What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?

I’m not a very adventurous eater.  I guess maybe pheasant is unusual?   Unusual, but good when it’s wrapped in bacon!


3) Name one thing on your bucket list.

I already crossed a big one off on my first date with Matt when he took me skydiving! (Please excuse the goofy look on my face – you try smiling normally when you’re falling from 1500 feet in the air). 0364758-R1-033-15

And although I’d like to steal Maury’s answer here about going to NYC at Christmastime, I think I’ll answer with seeing the Northern Lights.  I haven’t researched much what this would take, although I think I overheard the Today show talking about it this morning and saying you’d need to go to Greenland for it right now? 

4) What is in your purse right now?

image

A lot more than is probably safe for me to be toting around.  A wallet, sunglasses, lipgloss, more receipts than I care to admit, Wet Ones, Johnson&Johnson Baby face & hand wipes, mum mums, empty mum mum wrappers, a paci, 2 sippy cups and a sippy strap, a brush, a pack of gum, a snack cup, 2 hair bows, baby socks, and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?


5) Is there a 2012 resolution that you’ve already broken? What was it?

I actually didn’t make any resolutions this year.  Boring answer, I know.

6) What is one thing everyone should know about you?

This is a tough one to answer.  I guess I’d probably say that I’d want everyone to know that I love the Lord and want them to know He loves them, too!

7) What is one of your pet peeves?

Being flaky.  There are a lot of small things that can get under my skin, but I’m not sure there is anything that irks me more than someone saying they will do something and not following through.

8) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

It depends on whether or not I wash my hair.  Maybe I shouldn’t have just admitted that.  Do you really wash your hair every day?  If I wash my hair, it takes me 45 min – an hour.  If I don’t wash my hair, probably about 20 minutes total.

9) What is your dream vacation?

I am a beach kinda girl.  I love to soak up the sun and listen to the waves crashing while I dive into a good book.  That’s really all I need, so although I’d love to head to Fiji or some other far away expensive, beautiful beach, I am just as happy heading down to Cabo (and maybe even happier because it’s only a 2 1/2 hour flight from home).  The picture below was our view from the timeshare Matt’s parents own that we mooch enjoy along with them!

IMG_1455

Although Matt isn’t one to enjoy lying on the beach and doing nothing, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t mind tagging along when he gets to enjoy this…

IMG_1627
10) If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

I couldn’t decide whether I should get all philosophical with this one or keep it simple, so I decided to go with both. 

1. I wish I could keep Hadley from ever experiencing pain, fear or loss (realistically, I know that wouldn’t produce a very grounded human being, but we’re talking wishes here.)

2. A house with a playroom.  Toys are seriously taking over every inch of our house and I would love to have a big room with lots of storage dedicated to playing! 

3. A magic device that would allow me to press a button and have clean, styled hair and make-up on my face.

11) What is the greatest gift you’ve ever been given?

This little beauty right here…

H newborn-17

I’m going to be a rule breaker (now you know something else about me) and not come up with my own questions because Hadley is waking up from her nap and I’ll never get this posted if I don’t end it now!  Consider yourself tagged to answer the above questions, though!  Let me know if you do – I’d love to get to know YOU better, too!


Pin It!

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

I would like to give an "amen" to #7!

melanie @nowaqueen said...

my husband would answer #1 for me with the same answer! Don't get between me and my iPhone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...