Happy Valentine’s Day! Today is the day Harper was due to arrive and yet she’s already been here for 8 days! How has it been a week (and a day) already? It seems like an eternity and the blink of an eye at the same time. In some ways I can’t remember Harper not being a part of our family, and yet just 8 short days ago we were just a family of three.
I thought it would be fun to put Harper in the same outfit that Hadley wore when she turned one week.
Some moments I think they look so much alike, and then other times I think they look completely different.
Here’s what we’ve learned about Harper so far…
- She is a great eater – she latched on 5 minutes after having her in the delivery room and hasn’t looked back since!
- She had almost gained back the weight she lost in the hospital by her 2 day check up!
- She does not like to have a dirty diaper; unlike her sister who would happily keep playing (& really has never been bothered by them since day one)
- She is a squeaker - one of her nicknames is goose because she can literally sound like a flock of geese sometimes when she gets going
- She has a much more delicate, dainty cry than her sister most of the time, but she can definitely let you know when she’s angry – which pretty much only happens during diaper changes
- She HATES cold wipes – we went 2 years without needing a wipes warmer for Hadley because they never really bothered her much, but I sent my mom out on day 2 to get one for Harper because she hates the cold that much
- Her hair is two different colors right now – she’s got blonde peach fuzz at the top and short brown hair on the back and sides; all in all though it’s much shorter and lighter than Hadley’s was at this point
- Her eyes are still that grey-blue newborn color; they look really bright some days so I’m wondering if she’ll be another blue-eyed baby. My prediction was that she’d have brown eyes.
- And I’m not even going to act like I know anything about her sleep pattern now. Big sister was so colicky, but it didn’t kick in til closer to a month, so I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Time will tell what kind of a sleeper Harper will be!
Today was also my first day flying solo with both girls. Matt went back to work and my mom can’t come back up until Monday, so I get a little trial for two days until the weekend.
Last night was a rough night with Hadley – I think it’s starting to sink in that she doesn’t have me all to herself anymore and we were dealing with some major temper tantrums so I’m praying today and tomorrow go a little smoother. So far, I was able to get Hadley dropped off at school relatively on time – let’s just hope I can get back to pick her up without being too late! It’s tricky timing newborn feedings with school pick-up & drop-off!
All in all, we’re feeling so blessed by our two precious girls! Can’t wait to learn more about Harper and see what the next weeks bring us! Happy one week sweet girl!