Thursday, August 12, 2010

18 weeks…

I am officially 18 weeks today (so starting my 19th week) and we have our big ultrasound next week!  I don’t have a belly pic this week (it really hasn’t changed much – if anything I swear it has gone down just a tad), but I thought I’d do the weekly update anyways.  Baby is now the size of a sweet potato (ready to get past this week... that is not a very 'cute' picture down there) and will be the size of a large mango by the end of this week!  image
This week, baby “has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to me), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.”
As for me… not a whole lot has changed since my 16 week post. 
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 6 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I have one pair of jeans left that I can button (two if I’m only wearing them for like an hour first thing in the morning).  I have a pair of maternity jeans and a maternity skirt that I pretty much live in now. 
Gender: What do you think?  Vote to the side…
Movement: I still don’t really know what I’m trying to feel.  I think I’m feeling little kicks occasionally, but they are still pretty subtle and feel almost like someone flicking me from the inside. 
Food Craving: Nothing specific really – the biggest "food story” lately is that I have to eat every 2-3 hours.  Twice now I have been out shopping with a girlfriend and suddenly turn to them and say “Um… can we take a lunch break?  I need to eat now!” 
What I miss: (Same as last time… hopefully this will get better as soon as this heat is outta here!)  Being able to walk around outside without feeling like I’m going to pass out.  This baby has the ability to zap up every ounce of water inside of me so I am constantly drinking water!
Sleep: I toss and turn throughout the night.  I think this is just my body’s way of preparing me for the extreme lack of sleep to come!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...