Saturday, February 26, 2011

Every Morning

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”  -Lamentations 3:22-23

 

I’ve read this verse hundreds of times, and yet in this season of my life, it has new meaning.  After a night of waking up hourly to a crying baby, only to find that she doesn’t need to sleep the day away like I would hope, I am reminded that I cannot be consumed by my struggles.  And really, all I need to do is take a good look at this sweet, sleeping baby to be reminded of His faithfulness.  (Even if this sweet sleep only lasts a matter of minutes.) 

IMG_0357

I also find a little humor in the verse I chose to paint above her crib…

IMG_0183 copy

I think the key word in that verse is “WHEN” you sleep… Winking smile Regardless, I am feeling overwhelmed by God’s goodness and am cherishing every second I spend with our precious baby girl.   I know this post is pretty random, but I just came across that verse and wanted to share it, if only for my own memories.  I pray that you, too, would find his faithfulness and compassions to be new every morning!


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...