Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easy Housewarming Gift

A good friend of mine recently moved into a new apartment and Hadley and I wanted to go check it out!  I brought her a small housewarming gift that I made (thanks to Pinterest!) and thought I’d share it with y’all!

First of all – I have to give credit to my inspiration.  Chelsea at TwoTwentyOne created a B-E-A-U-TIFUL tray/liner, and her pictures and staging look WAY better than mine.  Check out her post here.

And here is my version – (the monogram was supposed to be an aqua blue, but when I had it printed, it came out with more of an aqua-green tint.  The fun thing about this project, though, is that I can make Courtney extra liners to switch out as she pleases!

IMG_5265IMG_5270

I stuck a notepad and matching pen in the tray as well and voila! Instant personalized housewarming gift!  If you’re a close friend and are moving soon, pretend you didn’t see this because I will likely use this idea again!


Pin It!

5 comments:

Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood said...

oh my word, this is the cutest ever! I will have to try this out!

Kelly said...

This is wonderful! I love it! And I'm definitely going to have to give it a try!

I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award! Stop by and visit my blog to collect!

unique gift ideas said...

Thank you, that’s very interesting information. I need to share with my friends.

Unknown said...

This is SO beautiful! I've been looking for a tray but I think I might end up making one instead! Where did you get the plastic part? I saw these magazine coasters from a gift site and I've been meaning to DIY them (http://lbmgifts.com/store/gift-shop/home-decor)... but I might just end up buying them :P

marilyn scott said...

What an amazing housewarming gift! Thanks for sharing. Actually, Im looking for some nice, frugal yet practical housewarming gift ideas that I'll give to my friends. Thanks for giving ideas. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...