Friday, May 25, 2012

An Update of Sorts

Umm, where did the month of May go?  Seriously, y’all.  I think an entire week was lost somewhere.  I’m going to try to remember what we’ve been up to the past couple weeks and hopefully get back on track!

  • First and foremost – Hadley had her first trip out of state!  I’ll save the details and photos of our trip to Hilton Head, SC for a separate post.
  • Hadley had lots of catching up to do with friends when we got back – her “aunt” Courtney was begging to see her, as was her nana, aunt Katie (although that hasn’t worked out yet!) and Hadley was dying to see her neighbor/bff Camry.
  • Hadley got her first busted lip – x2.  She busted it on our hardwood floors, and the next day, re-busted it in the exact same place.  I had to bust out (pun intended) the stain remover for multiple outfits.  Bless her heart.
  • We celebrated my second Mother’s Day!  Seems hard to believe!
  • This momma got food poisoning.  I’ll spare the details, but I have seriously never been so sick in my life.  It’s been about a week and certain smells are still making me queasy.  It was a great way to lose a quick 6 pounds, though!
  • Thankfully, my mom was in town for a couple days when I was sick – I seriously don’t know what I would have done without her.  It would have been hard enough caring for Hadley, but add in the fact that the next day I had promised to watch my friend Sarah’s little Hadley again and there is no way we all would have survived without nana. :)  She definitely got a bit more than she bargained for that day!
  • Thanks to the aforementioned sickness, Hadley is down to one nursing session a day (right before bed).  I never really intended to keep nursing this long, but given all the benefits (for both of us!), I’m really proud that we’ve made it so long.
  • I’m thinking about signing Hadley up for swim lessons this summer.  There’s an indoor aquatic center not too far from us and I think it would give us something fun to do during the week outside of our usual. 

And I’ll leave you with an iPhone picture dump to finish “catching up!”

Poor girl with her swollen, busted lip…

IMG_2302

Drivin’ with “aunt” Courtney…

IMG_2323

Her first real pig-tails!  Such a big girl!

IMG_2330

IMG_2332

 

Mother’s Day with my sweet girl!

IMG_5551IMG_5553

And last… doesn’t every kid have to have a picture in the dishwasher?  It’s some sort of right-of-passage, isn’t it?

IMG_5560


Pin It!

1 comment:

Amy said...

hadley looks SO cute in her pigtails!!!
and when i read this i just realized that i don't think i ever responded to you about places to go in hilton head....so sorry! hope y'all had a a great time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...