Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dallas World Aquarium

This past weekend, Matt finally had a break from what’s been a really busy stretch at work.  We decided to make the most of it and got up early on Saturday to head downtown to the Dallas World Aquarium.  We had a really fun time and even grabbed lunch afterwards at the food trucks at the new Klyde Warren Park downtown.  I didn’t get any pictures at the park, but I did get a few from the aquarium.  Thankfully, Harper slept pretty much the entire time we were there, so we were able to take our time (as much as a 2 year old wants to take their time) getting through to see all the animals. 

IMG_7465IMG_7482IMG_7488IMG_7493IMG_7496IMG_7500IMG_7530IMG_7537

I will say that, while we had a really fun time at the aquarium, I wouldn’t really classify it as an aquarium.  It’s more of a rainforest I guess?  There were lots of birds, monkeys… a sloth and a giant anteater!  I had never seen one of those, but it was HUGE!  Like, the size of a small bear.  Hadley told us that her favorite animals were the “baby butters” (otters) and the “baffs” (giraffes).  Apparently Matt and I missed the giraffe exhibit there. ;)


Pin It!

2 comments:

mom e said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish I could've been there :)

Unknown said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You can see the details here: http://thebreezymama.com/i-was-nominated-for-the-liebster-blog-award/

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...