Sunday, April 7, 2013

Harper: Two Months

Harper Kate, you are TWO months old!  It is amazing how fast time flies and you are already looking more like a “baby” instead of a “newborn” to me.  You are most definitely plumping up, too and I love to squeeze your sweet little rolls!  We’ll find out on Wednesday what your stats are at your appointment. {And we’re praying you don’t react to these shots the way your sister did!}
IMG_7367IMG_7375
Your schedule still isn’t super predictable, and if you were an only child, I’d probably be doing something about that, but honestly, I know I won’t be able to keep you on a super strict schedule thanks to your big sister, so we’re just rolling with the punches for now.  You are nursing 6-10x a day, on average every 3 hours.  At night, you will occasionally give me a 5-6 hour stretch between feeds, but your norm is a 4 hour stretch, then every 3 hours from there on out.  I’ll probably regret this at some point, but you take basically all of your naps in the swing right now.
IMG_4049
You tend to have a fussy period in the evenings, but that already seems to be getting a little bit better.   You love the swing and the swaddle.  I bought a woombie on a whim before you were born and am officially sold.  We now have three of them and I’m thinking of investing in more because they are so much easier than a regular swaddle blanket.  I’m not sure if that’s the difference or not, but you love to be swaddled, whereas your sister was over it by this age.
IMG_4048
You are great at nursing (as we discovered just minutes after you were born) and seem to be a little more efficient than your sister was.  You do, however, have silent reflux, so you are taking Zantac right now twice a day.  Hadley took this, too, but while it didn’t seem to do much for her, it does seem to be helping you. 
IMG_7246
IMG_4057
You don’t love your car seat, which makes it tough when we have to be on the go for big sister.  We’ve all had to learn to just tolerate a screaming baby in the car on occasion.  If only you were allowed to be in the front seat so I could hold your paci in the whole time!
You are starting to smile more and more and it just melts my heart!  I love to see your sweet little grin and listen to your little coos!  {The picture below says your first smile was March 12th, but it’s really just the first one I caught on camera… you had been smiling off and on for about a week at that point.}
IMG_3952
IMG_4158
You definitely recognize and prefer me to anyone else right now.  Even when nana was here helping recently (Hadley has ALWAYS preferred nana to me) you would get a little pouty face if I handed you off.  {speaking of that pouty face – it is JUST like your daddy’s; both when he was a baby & now ;)}  This picture of your daddy below could seriously be you!
Mattandbrittanyscan7months0002
Your eyes are still blue/gray and actually have looked a little bluer the past couple weeks.  Maybe my prediction will be wrong?  We’ll see! 
Here are your stats for the month: {I’ll update this after our appointment this week}
  • Height: 23.5" (87%)
  • Weight: 12 lbs 8oz (76%)
  • Diapers: Size 1, although I’m thinking when I’m done with this case we may move to 2s already!
  • Clothes: Mainly 3 month
Harper – always know how loved you are!  You are the sweetest addition to our family and I love seeing you grow right before our eyes! You are my little sugar!
Love you so much,
Momma
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kara said...

She's adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...