Sunday, August 9, 2009

Overdue recap

This is about a week later than I planned, but I wanted to write a quick post about last weekend when my mom and sister came into town. Poor Matt -- the girls definitely took over the house for the weekend. Friday night, we stayed in and grilled brats (YUM) and hotdogs for Matt since he's not really a brat fan, corn on the cob, and had a ton of fresh fruit -- it was a delicious summer meal! Saturday morning, the girls woke up early and hit the road to Canton, TX (about an hour southeast of us) for one of the biggest market-trade centers EVER. We had so much fun sifting through all of the stuff there, and I know we didn't even see half of the booths. Apparently, if you were to walk through all of the booths there, you'll walk 26 miles. We only made it until about 1:30 before we were all exhausted. We did come home with some good loot, though!
Sorry the picture is a little blurry - we were definitely out in the country, and the guy who took our picture looked at my camera like it was from the year 3800.
A big part of Canton is basically like a giant antique-flea market, so I decided that I wanted to find something for a good project. I ended up finding an old-fashioned wash board that was covered in dirt, but actually had a ribbed glass center for the wash-board part, and apparently those can be pretty hard to find. I decided to grab it and make it a project for my laundry room. Here's the before...

You can see that it was pretty filthy... here take a closer look...

I don't think you're really understanding how gross this thing was.... here - look again.

So, I cleaned it off, scrubbed, sanded, and turned it into a fun addition for my laundry room. Here's a little teaser...

Finished product to come...


Also, while my mom and sister were here, they offered (read: I coerced them) to help me paint my laundry room. I'll show the finished product along with my project reveal!

Speaking of projects, I've had two other friends ask for help designing their blogs, so stay tuned for some new blog designs coming up!



Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...