Apparently my blogging has been taking mini summer vacations. I just haven’t felt like I have anything interesting to share lately. In hopes of clearing out my mind and starting fresh, I’m just going to dump a bunch of random thoughts on you.
1. I am currently listening to my daughter gaaaah and hmmmmmm and ahhhhhh in her crib when she should be napping. I don’t know why, but it makes me feel like a total failure when I can’t get her to take a simple nap!
2. I wear workout clothes 90% of the days during the week; and I haven’t worked out in 3 weeks.
3. One of my closest and only “mommy friends” in town moved away this week. To another country. For 2 years. To say I’m sad would be an understatement.
4. I’ve been researching convertible car seats for Hadley since she is in the 95% for weight and height and I think my eyes are going to permanently cross. Why are there so many choices that appear to be identical? And why are the designs so ugly?
5. In honor of tonight’s finale of Friday Night Lights (even though we had this season on DVD and have already seen it), I’m going to quote one of my favorite bloggers , Big Mama. “I don’t know how I feel about living in a country that can’t keep a show on the air featuring Coach Taylor and Buddy Garrity, but embraces the cast of Jersey Shore.” Amen, sister.
6. How the heck do you fold a fitted sheet? Seriously, unless you’re Martha Stewart, it’s impossible, right?
And because I don’t like to post without a picture, here’s one of my little (ok so she’s not so little, and certainly doesn’t look even remotely little in this picture) punkin.