Sunday, July 3, 2011

Six Months

Hadley Ann (punkin, monkey, stinker, hadley-belle, puddin’ pop, baby girl) how has another month come and gone already?  And this is a big one.  Six. Months. Old.  Are you kidding me?  How have you been with us for half a year already?  I can’t believe that in the same amount of time since we’ve brought you home, you will be turning a whole year old. 

We haven’t had your doctor’s appointment yet, so I’ll have to update these stats later, but here are our estimates:

  • Height: 27 inches
  • Weight: 19 lbs
  • Diapers: Size 3
  • Clothing: Mostly 6-12month

This month was not short on exciting milestones; solids, sitting, and lots of babbling.  Probably the most exciting one was that you started eating solid food!  The first food you tried was oatmeal mixed with breast milk.  You ate it right up and never looked back! 

Hadley 3  months

Since then you’ve had:

  • sweet potatoes
  • brown rice
  • avocados
  • green beans
  • bananas
  • pears
  • blueberries
  • peaches
  • squash
  • prunes

I have yet to find anything that you refuse, although I can’t say I’m surprised little chunker.  You make some faces when I give you green beans, but you continue to eat them (you like them better when I mix them with brown rice).  So far we are doing two meals a day – one for brunch and one either before or after dinner.  You love your food little girl! 

We also started a class at The Little Gym this month with other babies ranging from 4-10 months.  You are having a lot of fun, although when you don’t nap well before class you are definitely melting down before it’s over.  

Speaking of naps, this month has NOT been a good one.  Although there is the occasional 2 hour nap, most days you wake up after sleeping for 37 minutes.  Not fun.  Your nighttime sleep has been great though (in my opinion), so I guess I can’t complain too much about your napping.  A typical day looks like this:

~7:30-8:30: Wake Up, eat breakfast, change and play

9:30/10ish: Brunch (solids)

10: Down for nap – then either sleep or cat nap then play

11/12ish: Nurse for lunch/change, play or run errands

1/2ish: Attempt to nap again

3:30ish: Eat again/change/play

4:30ish: catnap

5/5:30ish: Dinner (solids), play

6:45/7: Bathtime, storytime

7:30: nurse, then bed.

You usually sleep from 7:30a-7:30p, and only wake up once to eat a bit around 4 or 5am, then go right back to sleep.  You’re still taking a pretty good size meal, so I don’t think you’re quite ready to drop that feeding yet. 

Since you have decided you are over bottles, we started sippy cups this month, too.  You don’t quite get them, yet, but I figured you’re closer to using these rather than trying to fight you with a bottle.   (Sorry for the quality of most of these pictures – the majority were taken with my iPhone.)

IMG_0715

You’ve been making this face below a lot this month, too – we call it your fishy face and it cracks me up!

IMG_0721

You still don’t have a ton of hair.  I can’t tell what color it’s going to be either.  A lot of what’s growing in looks blonde, but you’ve still got quite a few brown patches, too.  And my favorite is this little cindy loo-hoo loop that sticks up on the top of your head.

IMG_0725

You are much more interactive with your toys, too.  You just started pulling on the little butterflies hanging from your car seat.

IMG_0738

You are also getting great at sitting up!  I think the huge tummy you’ve got helps with your balance a little. 

IMG_0754

IMG_0782IMG_0779

We celebrated daddy’s first father’s day this month, too!  I took this picture below the morning of Father’s Day and you gave me another one of your trademark looks.  You will turn your head to the side, then look back like you’re being shy and grin.

IMG_0757

This was your Father’s Day gift to daddy…

edited pics1

During tummy time, you’ve started sticking your cute little bottom up in the air right before you roll over.  I think it’s probably a sign you’re preparing to crawl in the next few months. 

IMG_0795

We went to lunch with mommy’s friend Melissa and her two cute kiddos Kate and Jay this month.  You did so well at lunch and even let Miss Kate hold you!

IMG_0799

And lastly, this month we said goodbye to the car we brought you home in and upgraded to a bigger one!  It’s weird to me that you won’t have any memory of our 4Runner, but hopefully you’ll have lots of good road trips in this one.  I think you like it already!

IMG_0815

We are so thankful for the past 6 months with you Hadley.  Even with tough days and lack of sleep, not a single day goes by that I don’t thank the Lord for entrusting us with your precious life.  We can’t wait to see what each new month brings!  We love you sweet girl! 


Pin It!

4 comments:

Paul and Sara said...

I enjoy reading your blog, especially your monthly updates. My daughter is exactly 1 month younger (so she's 5 months today), so I really enjoy the comparisons :)

Unknown said...

I came across your blog from Pinterest because of the fathers day gift and to my surprise your daughter and mine have the same name. My Hadley was born 11/11/11. I am excited to see my Hadley go through the milestone's that your daughter has already gone through.

Rhonda

Jenny Bishop said...

Hi Brittany! I too came across your blog form Pinterest and LOVE it! My daughter is 8 months old so it's fun to see what Hadley was doing at the same age. And I swear, Hadley and my little girl, Bree, are like the same baby! Too funny! Love your father's day gift idea...will definitely be doing something similar for my hubby this year!

Unknown said...

Hi, I love your father's day idea and am thinking of doing the same. Where did you but those alphabet cut outs? Also all of Hadley's headbows are sooo cute. Do you mind sharing where you got those from?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...