Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just a Quick Update

After our doctor’s appointment yesterday, they said “wait & see, but take her to the ER if her fever spikes to 105.”  Well, wouldn’t you know, this morning she woke up screaming at 7am and when I took her temperature, it was 104.8.  That was close enough to me to 105, and since it was still another hour and a half before our doctor’s office opened, we packed up and headed to Children’s. 

By the time we got there, the Tylenol had kicked in and her fever was down to 100.  They did another strep test (negative), although they said her throat looked really red.  Then, since that came back negative, they had to rule out one more bacteria – which was the ONE thing I was praying wouldn’t happen.  The nurses were great and suggested that “momma go get a drink and wait in the hall” while they cathed Hadley to get a sample. (TMI?  Sorry…)  Although they sent both tests to be cultured, the initial responses were negative, which left us with basically a viral infection with no name. 

All that for nothing?  We are still in wait & see mode – they said we could potentially have 2 more days of fever, and at that point, if it hasn’t gone away on it’s own, to go back in for blood work. 

Hoping & praying we’ve seen the worst of this so far!  Thanks for your prayers!


Pin It!

7 comments:

Emily [On the V Side] said...

Poor little thing! :( And it's not easy for Mom, either, when there's nothing we can do. Hang in there.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for that little cutie pie!

Andrea said...

OH, poor Hadley!

the blogivers said...

:( I was hoping after your fb status about going to the ER that you would definitely have answers! Still praying!

MV said...

Poor H and mama. I hope she is on the mend and soon!

MV said...

Poor H and mama. I hope she is on the mend and soon!

Kara5109 said...

:( So sorry. Maybe roseola?

Amy said...

so sad :(
a cath is THE WORST!
is she feeling better today?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...